- 3D First-Person Shooter
- 10 weeks half-time
- Made with our own C++ DirectX11 engine
- Screen Space Reflections read more
- Volumetric Lighting - I based my implementation on this post, and tweaked it so that it would look and work like we wanted it to for this game.
- Area Lights - I implemented rectangular, tube and sphere area lights for this game.
- More Powerful Particle System - I remade our particle system as our artists felt they wanted a bit more control with their effects compared to the old particle system.
- Game feel - I worked quite a bit with game feel, things such as the gun’s emissive increasing when you shoot and healthbars having nice easings etc.
- Material system improvements - I allowed for artists to configure custom data that they could send as a constant buffer to the shaders, allowing for cool vertex animations and such.
- First person camera - I wrote the camera, used raw input to make it more responsive and tweaked the camera shake from the last project.