- 3D Top Down RPG
- 10 weeks half-time
- Made with our own C++ DirectX11 engine
- Omnidirectional Shadows - I wanted to implement dynamic omnidirectional shadow mapping because it looks really cool in the games that have it, and therefore I thought it would be a good addition to our engine.
- Spotlight Shadows - I implemented spotlight shadowmapping so that our level designers could place them down to improve the look of our game.
- PBR - I reworked our PBR to match substance painter’s PBR, as our old one would block light the more metallic a surface was, and considering we wanted quite a bit of metallic objects that was unreasonable.
- Player - I wrote the player for this game, using a finite state machine to keep all the different ability states and such with well defined in’s and out’s.
- Material System - I implemented a material system which allowed for anyone to set textures, shaders, and settings such as if they should cast shadows to any model, which allowed our artists more creative freedom.
- Post Processing - I implemented a bunch of post processing effects for this game, such as vignette and improved our SSAO.
- Camera - I wrote the camera, added a smooth lerp and camera shake that feels good using trauma and other techniques from this talk.
- Fog - I improved upon my distance-based fog implementation, adding height-based fog and a bunch of values for our artists to tweak with.